WHO ARE WE?
Taos STEAM Academy. A teen fueled, innovation incubator dedicated to providing real-world, best-in-class, STEAM skills enrichment and rigorous code development opportunities for Taos County youth.
Active projects include GOOGLE CS First Clubs program implementation in Taos County Municipal elementary schools and SEE Something. SAY Something. a teen suicide prevention campaign and mobile app concept to raise awareness, engage teens and support (locally and nationally) services providing crisis intervention.
- Project Management. Our secret? We plan, execute and deliver. IMPECCABLY. With over 17 years of successful program strategy and project management experience, we’re skilled at delivering technology initiatives on time, within budget and beyond expectation!
- Concept Development. We start with a BRIGHT IDEA to develop engaging concepts that influence and inspire audiences to take action. We deliver well defined concepts connecting targeted platforms, campaign messages and calls to action seamlessly.
- STEAM Coaching. Taos STEAM Academy offers 1:1 technology coaching to enhance student learning and skills development. We bring creative solutions, best in class standards and dedicated support to every project.
- Tech Innovation. We strive to make a difference in the lives of Taos County youth by providing 21st century technology skills development and enrichment opportunities that nurture curiosity and foster innovation. Our ask . . . what can we create? What can we make better? How do we change the world for good?
- Discover. The first step on the road to completing a successful project. We flush out the purpose, value proposition, and expectations of a project. Discovery is about learning what you have, what you want, and what you need; holistically. Effort here goes a long way to having everyone happy in the end.
- Define. Creative and functional requirements are core to all successful projects and define the road ahead. We meet with client partners to discuss project goals and vision, target audience, content requirements, reference sites, social strategy and asset needs.
- Design. We follow an iterative, creative approach to implementing projects. From our initial meeting, to the very first set of wire frames, you’ll see our project collaboration come alive, provide feedback and be part of the project team experience all the way!
- Execute. Here’s where all our hard work and long hours finally pay off! We manage deliverables down to the smallest detail because at the end of the day, details matter. We take pride in delivering projects that exceed expectation and give us reason to celebrate!
You are amazing . . . remember that.Heart Talk
- Year: 2014-2018
- Cohort: Elementary-Secondary Students
- Demographic: Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, Anglo, Male/Female/Non-Binary
- Site: Taos, NM
- Impact: Digital Literacy, Computer Science for All Equity, Programming Skills Development, Suicide Prevention, Mental Health Awareness
- Outcome: Mental Health First Aid training, Crisis Intervention program implementation in Taos County Municipal School District elementary and secondary schools, Hour of Code elementary school program delivery
- Web: Taos STEAM Academy